or a long time, support staff in schools, from cleaners to the teaching assistants, were not regarded as the key people they have shown themselves to be.
The realisation that Teaching Assistants and support staff are the backbone to the success of any organisation is something long-recognised by KAA. This is why we offer an extensive and impressive list of programmes to support the development of your people.
Teaching Assistants, Support Staff, Cover Supervisors, Learning Mentors, Administrative staff and other people working in educational settings are well catered for by a rich offer that has a focus on sustainable professional development rather than one-off in-service training.
Though our partnership with Leeds Trinity University, KAA can provide preparation for and assessment of Higher Level Teaching Assistant status. As a partnership KAA and LTU work internationally and in UK to award the HLTA status.
We would be delighted to discuss Support Staff Programmes with you, so get in touch and together we can develop your people.
Here’s an example of a number of programmes your Teaching Assistants could tap into:
- Effective Strategies for TAs to Maximise Impact – 2 days
TAs working in Primary or Secondary
- Cover Supervisor Programme – 3 days
Cover Supervisors working in EFYS, KS1 or KS2
- Higher Level Teaching Assistants Preparation Programme – 3 days
A 3 day programme which prepares candidates to be assessed against the English National HLTA Standards, leading to the award of HLTA Status.
- Leading and motivating your team – 2 Days
Team leaders, HLTAs, Learning Mentors, Administrative staff etc
- Supporting learning in literacy (EYFS, KS1 and KS2) – 1 Day
Teaching Assistants (EYFS, Prim) – 1 day
- Supporting learning in Mathematics (EYFS, Ks1 and KS2) – 1 Day
Teaching Assistants (EYFS,Primary)
- Coaching Skills for Team Leaders – 1 Day
Team Leaders (Teachers or Support Staff) in schools who would like to develop coaching skills to develop their team
- Engaging Parents in Partnership – 1 Day
Home school liaison staff, parent involvement workers, staff with responsibility for parental involvement, school leaders
- Role Play across the Curriculum – 1 Day
Teaching Assistants and other Support Staff who support learning for children in EYFS, KS1 or KS2 in primary school, nursery or a children’s centre
- Rules of Engagement: Creating Confident Cover Supervisors – 1 Day
- Understanding child development to maximise learning (Primary) – 1 Day
School support staff working in any role that requires them to support children’s learning and development