Teaching and Learning Support Assistants in EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
A practical one day programme that provides the opportunity for Teaching Assistants to improve and develop their skills to support learning in literacy. The strategies and approaches covered will have a real impact in the classroom for small groups of learners.
- To explore a range of practical intervention strategies to promote the development of literacy skills.
- To identify the skills, knowledge and understanding required to engage learners effectively in practical literacy activities.
- To design and develop classroom resources to support learning in literacy.
Key areas covered
- early literacy support
- motivating readers
- phonics activities
- support for speaking and listening
- guided writing activities