Using your data - becoming data wise as well as data rich
Using your data - becoming data wise as well as data richBlended Learning Programme, in association with GL Educationtue21mar8:00 amtue9:30 am8:00 am - 9:30 am Remote Facilitation
KAA are delighted to be offering this new blended learning programme of self-study and facilitated support; enabling you to engage with materials at your own pace, and then
KAA are delighted to be offering this new blended learning programme of self-study and facilitated support; enabling you to engage with materials at your own pace, and then discuss and dig deeper with skilled facilitators from KAA and colleagues from other schools around the world.
This programme has been designed for GL Education in conjunction with their Global Assessment Conference however, it is open to all.
The Blended Programme will cover:
- Introduction to the self-study and how to get the best from it.
- Using data in the context of effective evaluation
- The importance of your school context and its implications
- Specific roles within schools who need to use data effectively. For this blended programme we will focus on
- Senior leaders
- Data managers
- Middle Leaders
Please note the full KAA module includes roles from system leaders, school leaders, teachers as well as students, parents and governors.
Structure of the Blended Learning Programme
- Facilitated online session 1 (60 minutes) – 15th Nov 2022, 8am-9am GMT
- Self-study online module and undertake activities, discussions and inquiries in your school
- Facilitated online session 2 (90 minutes) discuss and dig deeper to consider the implications for you in your
- specific context – 8th February 2023, 8-9.30am GMT
- Continue with self-study module exploring the implications for implementation in your school.
- Facilitated online session 3 (90 minutes) to share learning so far and ideas for development – helping each other to explore ways forward – 21st March 2023, 8-9.30am GMT
£175 per person
In conjunction with KAA, GL Education will sponsor 15 places on this programme. A pre-requisite of applying for one of these free places is that you need to attend the ‘Using your data – becoming data wise as well as data rich’ workshop at the GL Education Global Assessment Conference on 17th October 2022. The offer is available for the first 15 applicants ‘out of the hat’. Additional applicants will be available to join the course as fee-paying delegates. More details can be found in the GL Assessment Conference outline
The blended approach has proven to be a very popular approach for KAA schools as benefits include:
- Structured professional learning at your own pace
- Access to an award-winning online self-study module that is interactive and engaging
- Skilled facilitators who will support you to reflect, discuss and plan impactful actions
- Opportunities to hear about developing practice in other schools
Jayne Bennion, KAA Director and Lead Consultant
Jayne is an educator with experience and expertise as a teacher, school leader and senior adviser with schools in the UK and internationally. She has designed and facilitated a range of exceptional professional learning both online and in person and has a proven track record in making a positive and sustainable difference. Jayne has successfully undertaken several high level roles including the Director of Quality Assurance with Nord Anglia Education, Founding Head of the Learning and Assessment Service in Birmingham and Curriculum Adviser with QCDA leading the development of the professional learning materials for the proposed primary national curriculum. Her latest achievements include being commissioned to develop approaches to blended learning with Nord Anglia Education, writing and facilitating Initial Teacher Training materials in the UK with Star Academies and internationally with the Curriculum Foundation.
(Tuesday) 8:00 am - 9:30 am