Managing Difficult Behaviour
A blended learning programme facilitated by Zoom focused on Managing Difficult Behaviour in the classroom. This is programme is designed for Teachers,
A blended learning programme facilitated by Zoom focused on Managing Difficult Behaviour in the classroom.
This is programme is designed for Teachers, Teaching Assistants or other support staff who work in classes with groups or individuals or who teach intervention groups outside the classroom. It is suitable for those who are newly appointed and those who have been in role for a while and wish to refresh their practice.
Aims of the Programme
- Recognise that good behaviour supports deeper learning
- We will understand the importance of our own responses to pupils
- We will consider strategies for promoting good behaviour
- We will reflect on our areas of strength and areas for growth
Our blended programme offers the best of online self-study and facilitated learning; enabling you to engage with materials at your own pace, and then discuss and dig deeper with skilled facilitators from KAA.
The blended approach has proven to be a very popular approach for KAA schools as benefits include:
- Structured professional learning at your own pace
- Access to an award-winning online self-study module that is interactive and engaging
- Skilled facilitators who will support you to reflect, discuss and plan impactful actions
- Facilitated online session 1 (60 minutes)
- Self-study online module and undertake activities, discussions and inquiries in your school
- Facilitated online session 2 (90 minutes) discuss and dig deeper to consider the implications for you in your specific context.
- Continue with self-study module exploring the implications for implementation in your school.
- Facilitated online session 3 (90 minutes) to share learning so far and ideas for development – helping each other to explore ways forward.
Session 1 – Thursday 24th August – 1pm CET
Session 2 – Thursday 9th November – 2.30pm CET
Session 3 – Thursday 18th January 2024 – 2.30pm CET
KAA Facilitator – Helen Butler
Helen has worked in education services- both in schools and local authority – for 31 years in Primary, Secondary and Special sectors. Please click here for Helen’s full bio.
(Thursday) 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Blended Learning Event