Karen Ardley Associates are delighted to offer this blended learning programme ‘Governing for Impact’ as part of the KAA Blended Learning Calendar for 2021. Is
Karen Ardley Associates are delighted to offer this blended learning programme ‘Governing for Impact’ as part of the KAA Blended Learning Calendar for 2021.
Is your governing board performing well? What do you need to do to improve? What works well?
This programme will help you review your governing board to support your work with the school – from asking the right questions to planning for improvement.
At the end of the programme, you will have the beginnings of both a personal action plan and a plan for your board.
- To explore the knowledge, skills and behaviours that you need to fulfil your core functions.
- To understand the moral purpose, vision and values of your organisation.
- To identify your next steps to increase your effectiveness.
By the end of this programme, you will:
- have a clear idea of what is expected of you as a governor;
- understand how to make positive contributions to meetings;
- make a link between good governance and school effectiveness.
This course will run for three and a half hours over two sessions, plus additional online self-study:
Session 1: 29th April 2021 8am-9.30am BST (GMT +1)
Session 2: 26th May 2021 8am-10am BST (GMT +1)
Chairs and members of governing boards
Delivery and Format
This programme will use a blended approach of facilitated online discussion and online self-study using the KAA Online Learning Platform.
- Facilitated group session – 29th April 2021 8am-9.30am BST (GMT +1)
- Self- study online module which includes film, audio and presentations
- In school reflections, activities to support discussions and implementation.
- Facilitated group session to review progress and prepare for the next steps – 26th May 2021 8am-10am BST (GMT +1)
The facilitated sessions will be delivered using Zoom and the online self-study modules will be accessed via KAA Online Learning Platform.
Delegate fees: £150 per delegate
To book a place, please email email@example.com
Places are limited so we do recommend booking early.
Julie has over 35 years-experience in Education and Children Services, much of this in senior leadership roles, covering areas such as Leadership and Management, Strategic CPD & ICT, Support Services, Business Planning and Traded Services. This has included working with Headteachers and school leadership teams, unions and professional associations and external organisations such as the National College, other Local Authorities, and local universities.
In August 2012 Julie established Collaboratives.co.uk and became self-employed; designing and delivering bespoke programmes to schools on a whole range of activities and specialising in School Governance, Leadership Development, and training school support staff. She has also supported schools in setting up MATs, Trusts and Co-operative Trusts. Julie has a particular strength in developing teams and working parties and “getting the job done”. Practical and sensitive to school needs and context, she is an honest and hardworking professional.
Julie has substantial experience in school governance. She has had roles as governor, vice chair and chair over a 25-year period. She is also a trustee of a Multi Academy Trust and an Associate of a Co-operative Foundation Trust and facilitates the work of a learning partnership of 9 schools.
She also works as an associate for the Co-operative College and works in partnership with the Yorkshire Anglican Teaching School Alliance.
(Thursday) 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Blended Learning Event
Book a place
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!