Assessment for Learning - Geneva
Karen Ardley Associates and Institut Florimont have formed a collaborative partnership, KAA@Florimont, to ensurecutting-edge professional learning is accessible to schools and staff from across Central Europe (and
Karen Ardley Associates and Institut Florimont have formed a collaborative partnership, KAA@Florimont, to ensure
cutting-edge professional learning is accessible to schools and staff from across Central Europe (and beyond)
in an outstanding location and venue.
As part of the wide range of leadership and classroom practice programmes being delivered at KAA@Florimont we are delighted to be offering this popular classroom programme ‘Assessment for Learning’ face to face in Geneva this summer.
There is a wealth of evidence to say that Assessment for Learning/Reactive Teaching can significantly impact learning when implemented effectively. This programme combines recent research findings with practical techniques focused on developing self-evaluative learners. Throughout the programme, formative assessment approaches are modelled and shared. Participants will be engaged and inspired, leaving the programme with the confidence to implement effective strategies to ensure their children progress rapidly as successful learners.
Dates: Friday 5th July 2024
Location: Institut Florimont, Geneva, Switzerland
- To extend and deepen the knowledge, understanding and skills associated with Assessment for Learning.
- To work collaboratively to identify and share practical classroom activities to develop pupils’ self-evaluative skills.
- To develop confidence in implementing and enthusiasm for pedagogy based on formative assessment.
Key Areas Covered
- why formative assessment is critical;
- current practice in formative assessment;
- excellent classroom practice;
- group work;
- creating a shared vision and practice for formative assessment; and
- setting up Teacher Learning communities.
Teachers in primary and/or secondary classrooms
‘The training was excellent and exactly what we wanted, the staff appreciated the depth of knowledge which ensured the training was bespoke and flexible in responding to our needs as the 2 days progressed. The KAA facilitator was a perfect choice for our staff, engaging, personable with a sense of humour – key attributes needed to immerse our staff in the learning’. Craig Heaton, St Saviours’ School, Lagos, Nigeria
(Friday) 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Avenue du Petit-Lancy 37, 1213 Petit-Lancy, Switzerland